Come home to Calvary
Women of Calvary Bible Study
April 20, 2023 @ 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until May 18, 2023
The Women of Calvary Bible Study meets via Zoom on the third Thursday of the month from 6:00 pm – 7:15 pm starting on September 15, 2022. Please contact Rev. Joann Lee for the Zoom information, email@example.com.
We will hold a light outdoor brunch on Sunday, August 28 at 11:15 am to distribute books and greet each other in person. Please come, fellowship, and learn about the study topic!
This year’s study is Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight by Carol M. Bechtel with suggestions for Leaders by Laura Mariko Cheifetz.
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Please join us for this study whether you’re new to Bible Study or have participated in this study for years. Bible Study Books are $10, but please do not let cost be a hinderance – scholarships are available!