Calvary’s Family Ministry Team looks forward to connecting with you!
Parents and guardians are a child’s first teachers, so we want to support adults by providing educational experiences to reinforce what is being learned at home.
During Sunday Studio and Sunday Youth we hope to learn more about God’s love by offering weekly age-appropriate lectionary lessons and corresponding activities that connect with themes parents and guardians hear in worship.
- Equip children with the knowledge that they are loved by God and this community through fellowship.
- Encourage children and families to grow in their relationship with God by providing times for education, prayer, and play.
- Give children, youth, and families opportunities to serve and give generously.
Meet our Director
Alison Faison is the Director of Children and Family Ministries. She offers spaces for children to notice God’s presence, question, play, sing, and fellowship.
Join us in the Lower Level after the Children’s Meditation for Sunday Studio to connect with each other through songs, lectionary bible stories, crafts, and games.
We also offer childcare for infants to 3-year olds every Sunday from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
10 to 18 years: Youth are invited to sit together in the balcony and stay in worship through the sermon. Then they gather by age groups to discuss what they heard and experienced in the worship service.
Geared toward middle and high-schoolers who want to know more about what it means to be a person of faith, participants will learn what we believe in as a church and form a better understanding of what they believe in as individuals. Classes start in September and end in April.
Join in on our opportunities for our children, youth, and families to get to know each other.
- Family Coffee
- Family Night Out
- Rooftop Playground Picnic
- Weekly Children’s Choir and Youth Ensemble
- Wednesday Playgroup
- All-church Retreat at Mt. Hermon
- Monthly Events
Our families respond to neighbors within and outside of the walls of Calvary to share God’s love and take steps to break cycles of poverty. We put our faith into action through advocacy and service.
- Meal delivery to families with newborns
- Help with weekly Wednesday Playgroup
- Participate in Pack-a-Sack
- Serve at the InterFaith Food pantry at Old First Presbyterian Church
- Make meals at the men’s winter shelter at the Unitarian Universalist Center in San Francisco
- Chaperone the Annual Youth Mission Trip
- Work with Calvary partners: Boys & Girls Clubs San Francisco, New Door Ventures, Raphael House, and San Francisco Achievers.