Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Project Manager & Administrative Coordinator (FT)
This full-time position at Calvary Presbyterian Church will provide worship service,
ministry & program support, project management, and other event management,
in support to the Senior Pastor & Head of Staff, Associate Pastors, Chief Administrative
Officer, and Director of Music Ministries. Reports to the Senior Pastor &
Head of Staff and the Chief Administrative Officer.
Work is expected to be done onsite at Calvary 3-4 days per week, with 1-2 days allowable
offsite. Some Sunday, Saturday, or evening work will be necessary, but infrequently
(about 12x per year). The position has a minimum starting salary of $60,000 per
year, which could increase based on experience. In addition, there is paid
health care, sick leave, holidays and vacation leave, as well as a retirement contribution
to a 403(b) plan.
As well as a resume (in pdf format), please send a cover letter (no longer than
500 words) addressing your most relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Worship Programs and Related Events (50%)
- In collaboration with Pastors and Music Director and utilizing Planning Center software, manage the creation and production of Sunday morning, contemplative, and special service bulletins and related event programs.
- Proof, edit, and publish sermons in web and printed forms.
- Maintain updates to worship/preaching schedules; communicate with guest preachers and others involved in liturgy, as requested
- Coordinate logistics and prepare materials for memorial services, baptisms, flower donations, and other special services.
Other Programs and Related Events (30%)
- Using Asana software, manage workflow, communications, and deadlines of several Calvary
programs, events, and concerts; act as liaison between Program staff and other Calvary staff; train staff in best practices of Asana and task management.
- Examples of other programs include: Adult Education, Lenten Studies, Concerts, Development,
Volunteer Engagement, Third Party rentals, and Fellowship events.
- Manage publication of the Church Annual Report, and other publications if needed.
- Manage Elder and Leadership special events, as needed.
Administrative & Office Management (20%)
- Manage Human Resources projects: draft/revise policies; coordinate onboarding & hiring process; electronic and physical file maintenance; and other projects as needed.
- Oversee some office processes and equipment; provide guidance or instruction documents when needed.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Proficiency in organizing data and information and coordinating across multiple staff in a collaborative and dynamic environment with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, proofing and editing skills, and strong command of the English language required due to document oversight responsibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, some project management tools, and some databases required.
- Experience specifically using Asana, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Planning Center, or CMS software strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a church or a non-profit preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to work and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- 5-10 years related experience.
Calvary Presbyterian Church an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensure that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.