Nurture, inspire, transform
Transforming lives for Christ
Nurturing & Inspiring
Realizing that we must ourselves be grounded in our faith and fed spiritually in order to serve others, we will:
- Offer study, worship, fellowship, and music experiences that grow our faith individually and communally.
- Hear and learn from our preachers and each other, opening ourselves to being both comforted and challenged.
- Provide service opportunities that enrich and deepen our faith.
Transforming Lives for Christ
Knowing that we are called to live our faith in word and action, and in ways that reach those both inside and outside our community, we will:
- Love and support each other as brothers and sisters in Christ within the Calvary community while also creating opportunities to show God’s love beyond our walls.
- Focus our mission work on breaking cycles of poverty, using our time, talent, and treasure to extend our impact.
- Prayerfully engage in the issues facing our city, nation, and the world in ways that are faithful to the biblical call to do justice and love mercy.
Selfless love, spiritual depth, inclusivity, and justice
Selfless Love (agape)
We are called to show God’s love for the world and to manifest agape love – a deep and selfless commitment to the well-being of others.
I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you have love for one another. John 13:34-35
We actively seek to understand scripture and its meaning in our lives today, working to grow in our faith and relationship with God.
Do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
We are all children of God. We proclaim that all are one family in Christ and seek to live like we mean it.
There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28
We challenge ourselves to see systems and structures that disadvantage and oppress others – that stand in the way of God’s kingdom coming “on earth as it is in heaven,” and are willing to take part in seeking solutions.
God has told you, O Mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8