Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Current Open Positions
Part-Time Guest Services/Front Desk Associate
In this position you will be the first person guests and members see when they enter the lobby. As the Front Desk Associate, you will act as a gatekeeper of the facility and a coordinating resource for the organization.
This is a scheduled, part-time position working Monday – Friday, with some opportunity (not required) for Sat. or Sun extra hours:
Monday 4:30 pm – 8 pm
Tuesday 4:30 pm – 10 pm
Wednesday 4:30 pm – 8 pm
Thursday 4:30 pm – 10 pm
Friday 4:30 pm – 8 pm
Our ideal candidate can multi-task, has strong customer service skills, and enjoys managing a variety of administrative responsibilities. This position is responsible for managing visitors and phone calls and performing various duties, including but not limited to: taking phone messages, answering event questions, directing guests to the appropriate location, light physical tasks (such as moving tables and chairs) and cleaning work areas, and assisting guests with some basic knowledge of on-site audio visual (A/V) equipment.
We offer a friendly, comfortable atmosphere in a convenient, bus accessible location, some benefits and an hourly rate of $15.00 per hour.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Friendly, welcoming personality; greets and directs visitors and church members
- Answers telephones, directs callers, or takes messages
- Provides callers or visitors with general information about events or church calendar
- Responsible for building oversight, including closing and setting alarm system
- Responsible for accessing emergency services or supervisor, if needed
- Provides general facility clean-up
- Assist other departments or special projects as the needs arise, including clerical or administrative tasks
- Ability to create/run files and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Discretion and good judgment in regards to confidential and privileged information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Some related experience
- Ability to work with a range of visitors and personalities, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, other useful computer or A/V experience welcomed
- Experience with a multi-line phone system preferred
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Please email your resume and cover letter as pdf. attachments to Rachel Wolf at email@example.com. Only emails with pdf. attachments AND a cover letter will be considered.
We look forward to meeting you!
Part-Time Childcare Team Member
Part-time position, Rate per hour: $15.50. 4 hours per week on Sundays (Sunday Studio – ages birth to 9 years) from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and/or 3 hours per week on Wednesdays (Calvary Playgroup – ages birth to 3 years) from 9 am – 12 pm and/or Childcare provided for Calvary events and worship services (as available).
- Enjoys working with children birth to 9 years old.
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Willingness to learn and take direction from supervisory staff
- Take initiative to generate ideas to contribute to the curriculum: crafts, games, stories
- Fluent in English
- Keeping confidentiality when parents or childcare team express personal concerns or when handling check in/out personal information from the database
- Agree to comply with all Calvary Presbyterian Church policies regarding employment questionnaires, references, and background checks
- Work with childcare team of 10 plus people
- Attend brief morning and afternoon team meetings with director/supervisor during each scheduled work period
- Understand and help greeters with the check in/check out process
- Stay updated on the weekly Sunday Studio plan
- Set up and clean up
- Tdap immunization and updated immunizations (within the last 5 years) to prevent spread to or contracting Pertussis/Whooping Cough from infants
- Cleared TB test (tuberculin skin test)
- Current (Infant/Child and/or Adult (if working with youth) CPR, AED and First Aid certification is desirable
If interested, please contact Alison Faison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-346-3832.
Calvary Presbyterian Church an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensure that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.